Angela Winstanley is a highly experienced Trainer/Consultant in Operations Management and Care Services with particular specialism in Autism.
Qualified in Social Work and a degree level qualified Operations Manager, with a background predominantly in care services. For a period of 24 years Angela managed teams and Operations, including all aspects of business development, Strategic Planning and implementation, and Operational Management, at Senior level.
Angela has worked with UK Investors in People as an Assessor, and trained as a Health and Safety/Risk Manager, – she is highly experienced in Quality Audit including Care Quality Commission (CQC) UK, for whom she was Registered as a Service Manager. During her long career Angela has worked within UK Social Services, Health Service, Education and the Voluntary Sector – she has also been seconded to the UK the Prison Service.
In her work for a UK National Charity Angela was trained in ‘Facing the Media’ and undertook numerous TV and Radio interviews, also being published in journals, and National Press.
Since relocating full time to Cyprus in 2012 Angela has delivered both Management and Autism training as a freelance trainer, in UK. Cyprus and the United Arab Emirates. Angela is currently involved in the development of specific Training Within a 3 year ERASMUS project and will be delivering training in Cyprus, Croatia and FYR Macedonia.
- ShipCon Head Trainer, 2016 – Present
Responsible for developing and delivering a range of Education based training across Europe. Involvement in Project development.
- Freelance Consultant / Trainer – ACCREDO Support Services (Mental Health / Learning disability / Autism). United Kingdom – 2011 – 2016
- Freelance Trainer – Focus – Abu Dhabi – UAE – Delivering Management training to Abu Dhabi Police force. – 2012 – 2016
- Freelance Consultant / Trainer – ASSP (Autism Assessment Support Practise) Centre Limassol, Cyprus
Responsible for Assessments, responsive programme setting, supporting key staff in interventions, training. – 2011 – 2017
- Area Manager, National Autistic Society, UK. 2003 – April 2011
- Responsible for Operational and Strategic Management of Autism Specific Services across the midlands / East Midlands area
- Locality Manager – National Autistic Society UK. 1998 –2003
Responsible for Management of Adult Autism services across 4 UK countries, including
Residential Homes, Outreach and Supported Living Services, University Support Services,
- Registered Manager – National Autistic Society UK. March 1996 –1998
Responsible for start – up and Management of first Residential and Day Services for Adults with Autism, Northamptonshire. Registered as Manager with UK Care Quality Commission.
Supported development of NAS Hayes Special Hospital, Bristol UK
- Team Leader – Northamptonshire Social Services. UK. 1988 – 1996
Responsible for Management of Service for Young adults with disabilities, Co- ordination of Social Work, Nursing and Education Teams and project lead on relocation from Hospital campus to community services.
Change Management in Northamptonshire Day Services. – as part of a specifically recruited management team to identify the need for and implement change processes within Social Services Departments.
Management of Generic Unit for adults with Special Care needs and Challenging Behaviour.
- Qualified Social Worker,- Selly Oak Colleges, United Kingdom.
- Applied Psychology,- Selly Oak Colleges, United Kingdom United Kingdom
- Degree in Operational and Strategic Management – United Kingdom
- Certificate in Management Studies. United Kingdom
- Investors in People Assessor – United Kingdom
- A range of CPD certificates pertinent to the field of autism, Asperger syndrome.
- Training the Trainer
Achievements & awards:
- Part of the team who developed the National Autistic Society SPELL framework.
- Part of the team who conducted the Autism Accreditation assessments and panel member.
- Investors in People Assessor
- EarlyBird Trainer (Autism Parent Training, NAS)
- SocialEyes facilitator (Social programmes for Asperger individuals, NAS)
- PCP (Person Centered Planning) facilitator
- Autism Support Counsellor (NAS PROJECT) to RELATE – marriage guidance council
- Regulation 26 (CQC standards UK) -Appointed Visitor
Publications and Media:
- Daily Telegraph – Supporting Parents with transition to residential Services. Article May 1998
- Community Care Magazine – Parents of autistic children urged to use support schemes August 2002
- Observer / Guardian – Asperger Syndrome- May 19, 2001 – ‘Angela Finne, a social worker who specialises in autism, notes that her clients have difficulty understanding surreal humour’
- Daily Mail – Starting up Residential Services for Autism – Article – 1999
- Contributor -The process of Ageing and Autism – .2003
- Contributor – Ignored and Ineligible? The reality for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders- 2001 (Angela Finne)
- BBC Channel 5 TV – Gloria Hunniford Show – Interview on Diet and Autism
- BBC Radio – You and Yours – Interview on the impacts of Autism on families
- ITV Breakfast TV – A look behind the doors of Residential Autism Services
- Cyprus Radio – Phone in Q & A for Autism parents
- UK House of Commons – Presentation to MP’s on Autism and Mental Capacity.
- National Autistic Society:
- Delivered a range of training in autism, Asperger syndrome, behaviour, social understanding, mental health, transition planning, Person Centered Planning, Leadership and management,
- NAS accredited SPELL trainer
- Training the trainer.
- ACCREDO Support & Development:
- Staff training in Autism, Mental Health approaches and Management
- Sussex Autism Society
- Staff training on a range of Autism specific themes
- Northamptonshire Social Services
- Delivered a range of courses on Learning Difficulties, including Sexuality and Relationships
- Abu Dhabi – UAE – Management and Soft Skills Training to Abu Dhabi Police Force
- Cyprus – AASP – Introduction to Autism, Using visual Structures, Communication in Autism
Famagusta Autism Society – a range of Autism specific courses, Supervisory Management, Person Centered Planning
- ESIPP – (Equity and Social Inclusion through Positive Parenting)
Autism 5 day training delivered to professionals and parents in North Macedonia, Croatia and Cyprus. Included Training Trainers
- ShipCon – Cyprus
- Special Educational Needs
- Soft Skills
- Presented at a range of conferences including:
- Partnership working between Local Authorities and Autism Providers- National Autistic Society conferences
- Leicester University Diversity Conference – ‘All about Autism’
- United Kingdom – ESIPP – Working with Structure in Autism
- North Macedonia – ESIPP Conference – Sensory Impacts in Autism
- Croatia – ESIPP – Sensory Impacts in Autism
- Cyprus – ESIPP – Joint working with Parents in Autism
- Cyprus – SENPower – The impacts of Special Educational Needs on Development and overview of the programme
- Portugal- SENPower – The impacts of SENPower on young people with Special Educational Needs on Development and overview of the programme
Research programmes and collaborative work:
- ESIPP Project – Partners – UK, Cyprus, North Macedonia, Croatia – Developing Autism research- based training for Parents and training trainers in each partner country
- SENPower – Partners from Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Italy. Developing tools to support young adults with Specific Learning Difficulties and Entrepreneurship.
- PCP Autism – Partners – Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, North Macedonia Cyprus, Greece – Developing Person Centered Planning tools and training with relation to children and adults with Autism
- Ageing in Autism Project – National Autistic Society
- Grendon Underwood Prison, UK. – Therapeutic approaches with Cat A. B prisoners (Selly Oak Colleges and the Prison Services)
- Cyprus Ministry for Education – Environment and Practise Assessments in Paphos Area Special Needs provision in schools – comprehensive reports.
Memberships & Collorations:
- Autism Accreditation- Panel member: 100 – 2007– 2011.
- Famagusta Autism Support Group – Board Member – 2017 – Present.