The course ‘Create the future leaders & innovators in the classroom’ introduces to the participants the concepts of innovation & leadership and the necessary skills for future innovators and leaders. The course also addresses the issue of teaching innovation & leadership and the requirements for a stimulating learning environment where future innovators and leaders will be created. Moreover, ‘Create the future leaders & innovators in the classroom’ course provides participants with examples of how innovators can be motivated, inside and outside the classroom, and the importance of ‘passion’ in creating our future leaders. Furthermore, the course debates the challenges of Twenty-first century related to teaching and learning, such as teamwork, specialisation, risk, creativity, among others. The course is wrapped up with insights related to the innovation & leadership of the future. The course ‘Create the future leaders & innovators in the classroom’ is an ideal course for all those wishing to develop a stimulus learning environment in which future leaders & innovators will be created. This is a master class course for school principals, academic personnel, teachers of primary and secondary education, VET trainers and administrative staff and parents interested in motivating their children to become the future leaders & innovators.
- Understand the concept of innovation & leadership
- Comprehend the importance of leadership & innovation
- In depth understanding of the barriers imposed by education for leadership & innovation & methods to remove them
- Learn how to teach & motivate a potential innovator & the role of play and passion in a learning environment
Leadership & innovation offer a series of significant advantages at personal and professional level. Investing in the CLIC course, the participants will be benefited by gaining skills to ensure continuous and sustainable innovation within their organization and drive long-term business growth as a result. Moreover, the participants will gain an understanding of the application of innovative procedures and be capable to lead, develop and enhance their organization’s ability to innovate. Equally important, the participants who work as teachers and/or trainers in the primary, secondary and tertiary education will be able to create a ‘passion-driven’ classroom environment in which future leaders and innovators will thrive. Therefore, SC-CLIC course brings substantial benefits not only to participants but to their organizations as well as to their students.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Lead, develop and enhance the ability to innovate in a global business environment.
- Boost self-confidence for crucial decision making.
- Gain an understanding of the application of innovative procedures for successful implementation in practice.
- Become recognized as a strong advocate for innovation.
- Enhance the ability to communicate innovation to your colleagues.
- Gain the skills to ensure continuous and sustainable innovation within organisation and drive long-term business growth as a result.
- Develop a tailored action plan to move the organisation forward.
- Create a ‘passion driven’ classroom to foster leadership & innovation
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANT’S ORGANISATION
- design and implement innovation strategies
- manage and embed innovation processes
- improve business’s capacity to identify and develop innovative proposals
- drive long-term growth and corporate success, in a global context.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANT’S STUDENTS (for teachers, trainers & all those involved in formal & non formal education)
- Increased attendance
- Higher academic achievement
- Use opportunity recognition/ problem solving skills
- Translate problems into opportunities
- Apply principles of human relations management
- Engage in ethical business practices
WHO TO ATTEND?
The CLIC course is ideal for:
- School principals & directors (primary & secondary)
- Teachers (primary & secondary)
- Academic staff (tertiary)
- Directors & personnel in International coordination offices (tertiary)
- Goverment officials & all those in charge of educational policy (government, ministry of education)
- Directors/managers (companies/NGOs)
- Trainers (formal & non formal education)
METHODOLOGY OF THE COURSE – ADDED VALUE
The course methodology will ensure the active involvement of the participants in all phases, that is, prior, during and after the delivery of the course. More specifically, upon confirmation that the course will take place, the participants will receive preparatory material (if needed), which will cover all important concepts to be presented during the delivery of the course. The participants will have the opportunity to exchange feedback with the organiser of the course, ShipCon, and the trainer as well as to request any clarification related to the content of the course.
The methodology of the training is based on a combination of three important elements:
- Provision of knowledge required (theory)
- Use of training tools, such as case studies, videos, games, animations & exercises (practice – hands on experience)
- Feedback/reflection (review)
During the delivery of the course, the participants will receive hard copy material, which will cover the content to be presented in all five (5) days of the seminar. The material will be presented in a form of Power Point (PPT) presentations, videos & animations. Moreover, the active involvement and hands on experience of the participants will be secured through various training tools, such as case studies, worksheets, scenarios & exercises. These training tools are necessary to ensure that the theoretical knowledge gained by the participants can be used in real life scenarios; an important aspect & added value for any training course.
At the final day of the course, the participants will have the opportunity to reflect on the information received and the experience gained in the specific field of study. Moreover, the participants and their institutions will be encouraged to be members of ShipCon ‘Network of Excellence’, an international hub and forum for entrepreneurs & innovators to exchange ideas, novel concepts/approaches & best practices in the area of environment and education.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS – SKILLS & COMPETENCES
The course is ideal for school principals, teachers of primary and secondary education, trainers, administrative staff in schools & universities, staff involved in informal and non-formal education & parents.
By the end of the course, delegates will have acquired capabilities to:
- Understand the concepts of leadership & innovation
- Create a learning environment for future leaders and innovators
- Comprehend the barriers of today’s education for leadership & innovation
- Parent, motivate and teach a leader
The participants will:
- Comprehend in depth the concepts of leadership & innovation
- Understand the skills required by leaders and innovators
- Understand the challenges of Twenty-first Century Teaching & Learning
- Acquire in depth understanding of educational barriers related to leadership & innovation
- Learn how to remove the barriers that prevent innovative learning
- Learn how to create a stimulus and passion driven learning environment for the future leaders & innovators
Certificate of attendance & certificate of competence (skills & competences required – Europass CV)
Europass mobility certificates – to be issued by the applicant’s National Authority (NA)
PROGRAMME OF THE TRAINING ACTIVITIES (DAY BY DAY)
- What is innovation? What is leadership?
- Importance of leadership & innovation to our future
- What are the main skills of innovators & leaders?
- Teaching innovation & leadership skills: is it possible?
Portrait of an innovator
- Parenting an innovator
- Teaching an innovator
- Motivating an innovator
- Role of play
- Passion to purpose
The challenges of Twenty-first Century Teaching & Learning
- Individual achievement vs. collaboration
- Specialization vs. multidisciplinary learning
- Risk avoidance vs. Trial & Error
- Consuming vs. Creating
Removing barriers to innovative learning
The Future of Innovation
- Reading as a play
- Taking risks
- Create a ‘passion driven’ classroom
- Recognize the future leaders & innovators
- Overview of the course – reflections